Monday, July 16, 2012

Teacher/Blogger Meetup in Vegas

Whew!  What a fantastic event! 

I started off by driving up to Las Vegas from Orange County, CA to go to the teacher/blogger meet up at the I Teach K! conference put on by SDE. That's a 4.5 hour drive.  But I didn't mind especially since I was going to be learning and meeting some fun people! I was so excited to meet the bloggers!  It felt like being invited to a celebrity event! Rachelle at What the Teachers Wants blog is how I learned of the event and of course, she has already blogged about it!  She has even posted pictures and videos.  

Check them out here: What the Teacher Wants Vegas post

Being so new the blogging world I really wanted to pick brains and get some ideas and ALL of them were super nice and made the event incredibly fun.  They even had giveaways!  I won a 3-pack DVD from Heidisongs and a gift card to Crystal Springs.  So I came home with a big load! 

Right off the bat, I lucked out and got to chat with Heidi about her blog (found here) and her music.  I walked away not only with prizes but with great ideas of how to run my blog.   

Here's a picture I got with Heidi from heidisongs.


While I was busy at the event here is what my son was doing:


He got to play in the pool! Lucky boy!  Vegas was super hot that day (but isn't it always?!) so time at the pool was a much needed thing for him!

Time FLEW by and before I knew it we were being asking to sit and listen up for the very cool (and generous!) raffle.  As I was shuffling to my seat I was saying to myself, “But, but, but I didn’t get to talk to everyone!”  So even though I didn’t get to chat with everyone I decided that I’d list the different bloggers here so you could find direct links to their sites.  I hope I got everyone! 

I am new so I haven’t figured out the blog button thing yet. So today it will appear as a list. 
(big frowny face!)

Mrs. Jump's Class
DeeDee Will's from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten has also created a pretty nifty website for teachers!

These are just a few of the ladies I follow.  There is so much to learn from them! Plus, they often post freebies that are super cute and perfect for the classroom.  
Check out their blogs and let them know you found them through my blog.  Happy blog hopping!




2 comments:

  1. I found you through another blog. Welcome to the blogging world. Come check us out for some freebies and ideas. Your newest follower, Stephanie
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete